The Free TV Australia Engineering Committee has been a standing committee of the commercial television industry's representative body since 1965. The Committee's major roles include;
• developing common operational practices for this industry
• contributing to technical planning and standard setting bodies
• participating in national and international negotiations about the development of the broadcasting system
• involvement in related technical matters, such as technical and safety standards.
The Free TV Australia Engineering Committee maintains a number of Operational Practices (OPs), Engineering Guidelines and Recommended Purchase Specifications relevant to analogue and digital television broadcasting.
* This Operational Practice was developed by the Free TV Australia Project Group - Outside Broadcasts. Free TV Australia Project Group - Outside Broadcasts draws upon a wealth of expertise from within the commercial television industry. Its recommendations are representative of consensus viewpoints across the sports broadcasting industry.